The Independent Literary Awards are book awards given by literary bloggers. Lit bloggers write about books and literary related items. They are the fastest growing form of publicity in the literary world, though most are still independently run and do not receive compensation for their reviews or recommendations. All judges and panelists for theses awards are completely independent from receiving monetary benefits related to the titles they are judging. They do not receive compensation, from authors or publishers, for reviews of books nor for their work on the award board.
The Independent Literary Awards is currently in its second year and will be presenting the winners for the 2011 calendar year in March of 2012. The genres that will be represented and receiving awards for 2011 are:
The process of the Awards:
- Titles are collected via nominations in each of the above listed categories. To see the nomination lists or to add a title to them, please see the specific genre page. (Nominations are open September through December.)
- Nominated titles will be tallied and the top 5 nominated titles from each category will be placed on a Short List.
- Short List titles will be read and voted on by the Director and Voting Members of each category.
- The top 2 titles from the Short List will be considered Finalists.
- The winners from each category will be chosen by the Director and Voting Members of each category from the Finalist titles.